Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Please Use Your In-Game Name...

Homewhose gonna go on retail? Home212whose gonna go on retail? Forum210Latest imagesRegisterLog in

whose gonna go on retail?

Go down 
+7
Xerliath
Sorey
Grumm
Adelila
Immoral
Groomaz
byz
11 posters
AuthorMessage
byz
Journeyman

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-02

whose gonna go on retail? Empty
PostSubject: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:28 am

Back to top Go down
Groomaz
Apprentice
Groomaz

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 5:34 am

i have never payed for playing so i will never play p2p servers.... this is just a game, whats the point to play on?!
Back to top Go down
Immoral
Apprentice

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 7:10 am

I'm definitely not going to retail. It just seems when I pay to play I'm obligated to put more time in so I won't feel like I am wasting money, instead of playing just for fun.

Also WoW addiction isn't quite as harmless when it takes the money you would normaly use on bills, food, or other more important things.
Back to top Go down
Adelila
Admin
Adelila

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:09 am

If you can efford paying retail, real life obligation goes first! We all understand this.

Me & Arky or going to buy time cards tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://veneratio.darkbb.com
Grumm
Journeyman
Grumm

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:20 am

I'd go there too, but i got problems with my debet card... it seems they accept only credit cards... ??
Back to top Go down
Sorey
Officer
Sorey

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:28 am

I'm going for retail in 4 hours ^^
First time ever :O
Back to top Go down
Adelila
Admin
Adelila

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:30 am

Grumm wrote:
I'd go there too, but i got problems with my debet card... it seems they accept only credit cards... ??

You can also buy time cards Grumm..

Quote :
I'm going for retail in 4 hours ^^
First time ever :O

Yay! When you will know the server your at.. Tell Arky on msn i'm sure he will be happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xerliath
Apprentice

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 11:38 am

Those who go on retail, go on Mug'Thol alliance side. I wont play right now because im i have a lack of money i just got back my car from the garage.
Back to top Go down
byz
Journeyman

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 3:47 pm

i mean i have money....its just that i dont wanna pay just to play with my friends.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Admin
Cynic

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:54 am

I'm going to pass on retail, money isn't an issue considering I easily spent far more than WoW's monthly fee on Toxic via donations. Retail WoW just never managed to capture me.

Assuming Toxic stays down I'll probably just wait for Aion to be released.
Back to top Go down
Adelila
Admin
Adelila

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:42 pm

Me, Arky & Sorey are on Blackrock Horde side..

Arky - oxarkyxo
Adel - Xianita
Sorey - Celaron

If any of you decided to join us.. /w Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Groomaz
Apprentice
Groomaz

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:00 pm

Great that u are playing on retail gz, but i can't i don't have any bank cards, and my parents won't pay for the game, sorry ;]
Back to top Go down
Bananabrains
Apprentice

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 1:07 pm

Don't worry groomaz.

We'll be alive and kicking some private server soon ^^
Back to top Go down
Ixis
Apprentice
Ixis

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:20 pm

I kinda did the 10 day trial but nah i don't think i will go p2p in the near future...my family is in a financial crisis,my coworker got fired today (we were a team of 2 designers now I have to do all the work) along with a bunch of other people.I gotta watch every penny in the next 2-3 months.

There are other nice MMORPGS that are free to play so I'll try one of these until a new wow private server spawns my attention...they can't replace wow but seem nice enough to give a shot...
http://swordofthenewworld.gamersfirst.com/
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/
Back to top Go down
http://angeliq.deviantart.com
Cynic
Admin
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:03 pm

I was considering retail wow but I have no real desire to buy the game and all the accompanying expansions.

I think I will wait for Aion as my next p2p game.
Back to top Go down
Bananabrains
Apprentice

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:05 pm

I thought you could download all the game/expansions free
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Admin
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 6:10 pm

You can but I'm 99% sure you have to purchase them all first and then pay a monthly fee for retail.

I don't really intend to go buy classic, TBC and WTLK when Aion is coming closer and closer.
Back to top Go down
Nephilin
Apprentice
Nephilin

Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:29 pm

Adelila wrote:
Me, Arky & Sorey are on Blackrock Horde side..

Arky - oxarkyxo
Adel - Xianita
Sorey - Celaron

If any of you decided to join us.. /w Very Happy

Ok, so I am new to the whole private and retail servers. I never thought there was a choice. I am on a Blackrock realm, on a retail server. I really like this guild and am thinking about putting in my app, but how many of you are actually on the retail side so we can play...or is the private server just a mirror of the retail and you deal with either donations or basicly play for free but we could still technically play as a guild? am I understanding this correctly? can someone please explain this in more detail. . .
Back to top Go down
Nephilin
Apprentice
Nephilin

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:38 pm

And yes Cynic you are right, you would have to buy and install all three. if not, then when your char hits 60 you wont lvl anymore, same for 70 if you don't buy WotLK. disregard this post if you haev already found out this info. But I was just trying to help! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Adelila
Admin
Adelila

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:06 pm

Well, basicaly everyone in use to play on Toxic-WoW Private server.. but few months later the server got shutdown by blizz...

So a few of us joined the retail and decided to re-make !

The guild kinda split up.. few joined another private server 'Apex' .. clone of toxic...

Quote :
from wikipedia.

Server emulator is a term that is used to refer to an internet server that mimics the behavior of another server that is usually more well known. This is implemented through cloning or reverse engineering of the original server. Other synonyms include server reimplementation, server engine recreation, or server-side emulation.

The term is widely used to describe reimplementation of MMORPG game servers, typically unauthorized clones of proprietary commercial software by a third party. Technically, a server emulator does not emulate by the traditional definition, which would permit software from one hardware platform to run on a different one; it is more similar to a terminal emulator.

You actually need to buy the game to play on private server.. also play for free..donate if you want to..Private server are not legal.. and really not the same as retail.. At least with retail everything works.. no bugs/crash ..ect..
Back to top Go down
Nephilin
Apprentice
Nephilin

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:52 pm

Thanks Adelila for the quick response. It makes more sense, and after I read about it earlier I researched it and came up with the same thing. Glad you guys (and girls lol) decided to come to Blackrock!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whose gonna go on retail?   whose gonna go on retail? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: World Of Warcraft :: General discussion-
Jump to: